If your Uber or Lyft driver is involved in a car accident while driving you, your first priority should be to ensure that you and everyone involved in the rideshare accident is safe. After the accident happened, it is important to seek medical attention if necessary.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Check if everyone is okay after the Uber car accident: First and foremost, make sure that you, the other passengers, and the Uber driver are not injured. If anyone was injured when the crash occurred, call for medical assistance immediately.
- Call the police and file a police report: If there is property damage, injury, or death caused from the Uber accident, you should call the police and file an accident report. The police will help document the accident and create an official report or accident claim.
- Report the accident to Uber or Lyft: You should report the accident to the appropriate rideshare company as soon as possible. Uber’s emergency line is available 24/7, so you can call them at any time to report the car accident. They will likely ask for specific details about the accident, the Uber driver, the time and location of the Uber car accident, and the names of any other drivers or passengers or parties involved.
- Collect evidence: Take photos of the scene of the car accident, including the damage to the vehicles, license plates, and the surroundings. This will help with any insurance claims (including the driver’s insurance company) and legal proceedings that may stem from the Uber accident.
- Contact your insurance company: If you have a personal auto insurance policy, you should report the Uber accident to your insurance company. If the Uber driver’s insurance company or policy does not cover the damages, your liability insurance or specific insurance policy may be able to provide coverage for medical expenses or other damages.
- Seek legal advice from a personal injury lawyer: If you were injured in the accident, you may want to consult with a personal injury attorney to review your legal options. The personal injury lawyers at Lawyers for Justice, PC (LFJ) can help you understand your legal rights and options, recover compensation, give options on how to recoup medical bills and a medical treatment expenses as a result of the car accident, and seek compensation for any other issues from the Uber crash. LFJ offers a free case evaluation so that car accident victims pay nothing out-of-pocket for a consultation.
Overall, it’s important to stay calm and collected in the event of an accident. Following these steps will help ensure that you and everyone involved is safe and that the appropriate actions are taken to handle the Uber accident.
Is Uber Liable For Accidents?
In general, Uber can be held liable for accidents involving their drivers if the Uber driver was at fault or if the driver was acting within the scope of their employment with Uber at the time of the accident. However, the specifics of liability can vary depending on the circumstances of the Uber accident and the laws of the state or country where the Uber accident occurred.
Uber provides Uber insurance coverage for their drivers, which can vary depending on the driver’s status at the time of the accident. If the Uber driver was on the app and waiting for a ride request, but had not yet accepted a ride, Uber provides limited liability insurance coverage for damages to third-party property and bodily injury caused by the driver.
If the driver was on their way to pick up a passenger or was driving with a passenger in the car, Uber provides additional insurance coverage. This coverage includes liability coverage for bodily injury or property damage caused by the driver, as well as uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in case the at-fault driver does not have an adequate driver’s persona; insurance plan.
However, it’s important to note that Uber’s insurance coverage may not cover all damages or injuries that occur in an Uber car accident involving their drivers. If the driver was not at fault, the other driver’s insurance may be responsible for covering the damages, including medical bills. Additionally, if the driver was using their personal vehicle for Uber trips, the driver’s personal insurance may also come into play.
If you’re involved in an Uber car accident with an Uber driver, it’s important to report the accident to Uber and seek legal advice from a personal injury lawyer to understand your rights and options for pursuing compensation.
Call Lawyers for Justice, PC today at (844) 568-1702 for a free consultation.